The Front-end Specialist will work in the design and development of high quality, easy to use interfaces for a variety of applications across desktop and mobile platforms utilizing both web and native technologies. As a member of Quantum’s design and development teams you will work together with team members across our business presences to develop and support applications in an agile environment.
The Front-end Specialist will work extensively with design team members to execute designs based on requirements and standards, to ensure a powerful, easy to use experience for our applications. The Front-end Specialist will coordinate with other development engineers and QA team members to ensure that everything functions as expected and designed. In addition, the Front-end Specialist will work as needed to provide update, support, and improvements for existing systems.Primary Responsibilities:
- Collaborate in architecting front-end solutions with our design and development teams - based upon design guidelines and requirements. Produce thorough documentation of these solutions to help support collaboration with other development team members.
- Assist in the design / concept phase to help prepare prototypes and related documentation.
- Execute development of easy to use experiences for our customers, with great performance.
- Assist in the design / development of user interface standards, front-end technical coding conventions and standards, and style guides.
- Ensure well commented-code for use for other development and design team members.
- Implement front-end solutions in web technologies that are consistent and compatible across multiple platforms/browsers, devices, and different resolutions.
- Coordinate and assist with our QA team members throughout the development lifecycle to ensure quality of front-end implementations.
- Maintain updated project documentation and task status using online collaboration and project tools.
- Design, update, and implement new and existing templates used in Quantum web applications.
- Must have legal authorization to work within the United States.
- Basic experience and understanding with databases such as Microsoft SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent background/experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Web / Mobile Application Development, Interface Design, or related fields.
- Meticulous attention to detail and user experience.
- Knowledge of graphics tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or Sketch to export production graphics.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- May need to travel globally per client and project requirements.
- A portfolio of samples of past work is desired, but not required.
- Exposure to interactive prototyping tools is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of front end frameworks and technologies such as AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery, LESS, and Sass.
- Knowledge of interfacing with Web APIs, and RESTful services. A solid foundation on client-based CRUD operations.
- Experience developing for native mobile platforms including both iOS and Android are a strong plus.
- Previous experience working with or developing documents and resources such as Functional Requirements, Design Documents / Guidelines, Style Guides, and Design Mockups is advantageous.
- Exposure, experience, or knowledge in Windows application design technologies such as WPF, WinForms, Windows Platform, or Windows Mobile is a plus.